Nutritious and Delicious
If you’re heading to the Redding Rodeo or planning ahead for Memorial Day, this combo is perfect since its easy to put together, well-balanced nutritionally and easy to throw together.
Being in Oklahoma, it’s a known fact that spring weather can be a little up in the air. Not just in Oklahoma, but seems like recently the entire Mid-West and Southern region of the country. Because of that, we can’t always grill outside even if we want to and this recipe solves that problem. For those attending the Redding Rodeo this weekend, more than likely you aren’t lugging your BBQ with you on the trip. Instead, throw these on the stove really quick and you are set. Even your picky eaters will enjoy it!
Ingredients – Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Ingredients – Green Beans
- ½ onion
- 5 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ pounds French green beans
Directions – Pork Chops
In a small bowl, combine flour, rosemary, salt and pepper. Thoroughly coat each of the chops in the mixture
- Add butter and olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Cook chops for about four minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to platter.
- Add broth and vinegar to skillet and stir to loosen particles from the skillet. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half. Return the pork chops to the skillet and cook for about 5 more minutes or until done.
Directions – Green Beans
- Dice the onion and cut the bacon into small pieces. Place both into a pot large enough to hold the green beans as well.
- On medium heat, cook until the onions are translucent and the bacon is crispy. Once fully cooked, add in the green beans.
- Remove from heat once the green beans are slightly soft but still have a crunch to them.