My passion for rodeo and the will to win drives me to try my best everyday. All day practices and all night highway drives are just a small glimpse into what I'm willing to do to accomplish the goals I have set for myself. I'm Blaine Jones, I have been professionally steer wrestling since 2010 when I joined the PRCA.
From the beginning of my rodeo career I have put all my time and effort into being the best rodeo cowboy I can be. I have worked my way through high school and college rodeo being successful in calf roping and steer wrestling and being able to reach most of the goals that I have set for myself. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to be mentored by some of the most notable cowboys in the PRCA. For over six years I lived and practiced at the ranch of 3 time World Champion Steer Wrestler, John W. Jones Jr. and now travel with 5 time World Champion Steer Wrestler, Luke Branquinho. These two accomplished cowboys have taught me a lot and continue to help guide me as I progress through the ranks.
I am focused on my steer wrestling and I have high expectations and tough, but achievable, goals set for myself. I pride myself on my commitment and dedication to being the best I can be, physically as well as mentally to be at the top of my game. That being said there's no doubt that steer wrestling can be hard on my body and the clothes I wear, so having strong durable jeans is a must for me. Being on the rodeo road we rack up the miles as well, going from state to state, making countless stops along the way and I like my jeans to go the distance as well. That's why I'd be proud to represent Kimes Ranch Jeans.
- Graduated Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo- 2013, Bachelor of Science Degree, Agricultural Systems Managment, Minor, Ag Business.
- Recipient of the Elizabeth E. Chrome Scholarship and over $5000 in high school rodeo scholarships from district, state, and national level.
Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA)
- Top 50 in 2015 PRCA World Standings
- 2015 California Circuit Steer Wrestling Champion
- 5 time California Circuit Finals qualifier
- 3 time All American Finals qualifer
- 2 time Justin Boots Playoff Rodeo qualifier
- Multiple Pro Rodeo Championships
- Wrangler Million Dollar Tour Rodeo, Logandale, NV Champion Steer Wrestler (2014)
- Finished 3rd in PRCA Rookie of the Year Standings (2010)
- 2 time College National Finals Rodeo (CNFR) qualifier
- California High School Rodeo Association (CHSRA) State Champion Calf Roper
- 2 time High School Rodeo National Finals qualifier